|Description:||Conduct training and development programs to improve individual and organizational performance to ensure Vanguard’s standards are met. May analyze training needs.|
• Training and Teaching Others — Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
• Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
• Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
• Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Provide, and oversee, training activity for product throughout production cycle. Training others in:
o Upholstery techniques
o Using a buck or scissor table
o Proper lifting and positioning of frames to be upholstered onto work tables
o Application of fabric, tack ban, trim, covers, etc.
o Use of staple gun, air hoses, staple puller, regulator, etc.
o Work station organization
o Cleaning and recycling
• Produce reports regarding nonconformance of products or processes, daily production quality, root cause analyses, and quality trends.
• Maintain active role on internal Continuous Improvement teams.
• Design, develop and implement appropriate manufacturing training programs.
• Comply with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
• Assess training needs through surveys, observations, input from employee or supervision interviews, or other reasonable methods of understanding skills level of individuals requiring training.
• Design, plan, organize, or provide direct orientation to work environment, organization expectations, production expectations, tools, housekeeping and appropriate Standard of Work (SOW).
• Offer generic group training as appropriate.
• Offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
• Present information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role play, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures.
• Obtain, organize, or develop training procedure manuals, guides, or course materials, such as handouts or visual materials.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills; self-confident and organized team player.
• Problem analysis and critical problem resolution skills; with ability to recommend stop of production when errors are found, implementing corrective action to gain desired quality.