To become recognized by customers as the best - leading with fashion and style; using focus and discipline; improving every day.
It all started in a modest facility with two employees and a perfect velvet chair. Today, more than 45 years later, Vanguard Furniture is still making good on its name to be at the forefront of the furniture industry - from one perfect velvet chair, to endless personalized possibilities.
Vanguard Furniture, a family held company, employs over 575 associates and is currently operating out of six manufacturing buildings in Hickory, North Carolina, and a 40,000 square foot showroom in High Point, North Carolina and our newest manufacturing location in Hillsville, Virginia.
We are a fashion-driven company whose primary mission is to be a successful home furnishings leader in style, value and service with a vision to ultimately enrich lives through custom-crafted furniture. Our furniture is designed to fit the personal and creative style of home, and our collections offer distinct and varied choices in design, textures, visual interest and personalized trims, tailoring and finishes.
Known as a people-oriented company, Vanguard nurtures a strong family atmosphere from the manufacturing floor to the office and throughout the national sales force. For a number of years, our associates have embraced the methodology of Lean Manufacturing. In everything we do, we look for continuous improvement - eliminating waste that our customer is unwilling to pay for.
As a founding member of the Sustainable Furniture Council, Vanguard's green initiatives include recycling 95% of all post manufacturing waste - recycling paper, fabric scraps, metal, wood scrap, plastic and corrugated products. We view being sustainable as a way of life.
We understand that a good reputation is easy to lose, both personally and professionally, so we strive to be a good corporate citizen. It is important that our 1,000 retail partners find us easy to do business with, dependable and that the products we sell are a good investment.
We live by the motto, "Do it right the first time, every time."
1. We are a "Conscience-Driven" company.
2. We maintain the highest level of integrity in our work as well as our working relationships.
3. We are dedicated to innovation.
4. We are industry leaders in fashion, reliability and responsiveness.
5. We are committed to teamwork and individual self-worth.
6. We treat all with whom we work with dignity, empathy and respect.
7. We are a responsible steward of the earth's resources.
8. We are dedicated to creating environmentally conscious furniture and eliminating waste.
9. We remain driven with uncompromising quality.
10. We have a focus on continuous improvement and 100% first quality.